We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Paraguay Resolved War Exercises
Check out our list of exercises with answers on the Paraguayan War theme.
To see the answer, click the button next to each question.
1. In 1865, the Triple Alliance agreement united which countries for the war against Paraguay?
a) Brazil, Argentina and England
2. The participation of the British Empire in the conflict is sized differently by historians. What is the name of the English traveler and observer who, from 1868 to 1869, wrote the "Letters of the Battlefield of Paraguay"?
a) Francis Bacon
3. "The war has wiped out nearly a generation of Paraguayans, razed villages, fortifications and mortgaged the future of the ruined nation," wrote Argentine Alejandro Maciel in "The Book of the Great War." Check the incorrect alternative:
a) After the victory over Paraguay, the Brazilian army was strengthened and the monarchy weakened
4. There were dozens of battles, with thousands of casualties between soldiers and civilians. In which battle was Francisco Solano López killed in 1870?
a) From Cerro Corá
5. The military man who commanded the forces of the three countries against Paraguay received decades later the title of “patron of the Brazilian Army”. Who was him?
a) General Osorio